Thursday, November 20, 2008

Putting God First in Mate Hunting Part-2

The reason this series is called "Putting God First in Mate Hunting," is because it is exceedingly important that we put Him first, especially in finding a mate. This is because God knows us so much better than we even know ourselves. So He is going to know exactly what we need.
My sister described marriage in a way that really helped me. She said, "marriage is like taking two different personalities and cramming them together!"
I think so many times as singles we don't think about the little things we like and dislike that we are just going to get over. I mean when you cram two people together and make them one they aren't the same person, so inevitably there are going to be things that each one has to give up that doesn't match with the other. This is because in marriage you have to get along. You have to agree or your marriage will fall apart. But there is no way you will agree on everything.
So i said all that to say that putting God first in mate hunting is imperative, because He is going to find someone who fits you much better than you'll be able to find with your own little brain and your own little eyes, and it will be much easier to cram your personalities together.
Have you ever seen those "EHarmony" commercials. One day when i was watching one of those I said this (and it's just so clever that i doubt it was me that thought it up but rather the Holy Spirit), "It's too bad that people of the world have to use EHarmony to find their mate. I've got The Highest finding mine." :)
And it's true. He knows exactly what you need, and He has a couple people in mind that could work just fine for you. He can't give one to you though, unless you let Him. He wants to. He wants to start setting things up so your paths will cross, but He can't even begin to work until you let Him. He's got someone in mind for you Right Now! Someone so good (cause everything God gives is Gooood), when you finally meet them you'll just go to sleep every night wiggling your toes at the thought of it.
But He can't bring them unless you let Him. Well, you say, how do I let Him do it? That's a good question. It's what I've been trying to tell you this whole time! You gotta put Him First! We get so caught up in lookin, that we aren't even paying attention to God anymore.
I know in my own experience I wanted a mate so bad that i began to switch my focus to that. I started lookin everywhere i went. Cause you never know where you might meet them, right? No! I was on the hunt for sure. I thought just everyone I saw could be a possibility. Then one day while I was driving the Lord dealt with me. He said, " When you have your focus on your desire for a mate you don't have your focus on Me."
Well, that seems simple enough, but it's true. We need to have our focus on God. Well, why? What's wrong with looking for a mate? Well, nothing if your putting God first, but your spirit will let you know if that's the case or not.
But see the reason why it's sooo important that we keep our focus on God is because, whatever you have your focus on that's what you are relying on as your supply. The Holy Spirit revealed to me that I was looking to my future husband as my supply of happiness, fulfillment, etc... I felt like my life wasn't really going to start until I got married.
But God wants us to enjoy EVERY DAY! Every minute, every second, of our lives! He doesn't want us sitting around just looking at the future waiting for those landmarks in our lives because they will come and go. They will excite you alright. But it will only be for a time. And when that time ends. When you realize that now that you finally got what you wanted, what you had looked forward to for so many years, what you had dreamed of for so long, when you realize that you finally have it and now that your used to it its not exciting anymore. It will break your heart. It will crush you. It's a terrible feeling and too many marriages have been ruined because of peoples false expectations.
So we should find out the right way to conduct our lives before we get someone else involved and mess theirs up too. We need to learn to be focused on God. When we do that we are relying on Him as our source, and He is the only One who could ever fulfill us. Plus He is the only one who knows enough to find the perfect person for us. So why not trust Him?
We need to stop relying on our own ability to find a mate and trust Him to bring one to us. Cause if we are looking and we aren't trusting Him, He is incapable to bring that person into our lives.
I mean come on! He already has them picked out and He is just waiting for the word. He is just waiting for you to say, "Fine, I give up! Lord I'm gona trust you to bring my mate into my life, but not only that. I'm expecting exceedingly, abundantly, above all i could ask or think!"
And you just wait. They'll show up. Not in our timing, and not if we are looking for them. Remember to keep a watch on yourself. If your still looking all over for them and your focused on that then you haven't really given over to the Lord and His hands are still tied.
But they'll come. I'm waiting for mine right now, and I'll tell you my praise report when they show up in the natural. Praise The LORD! God is soooo Good ;)

No comments: